Use Your Words to Change the Situation


In the Scripture there was a lady who had been sick for many years. She had gone to the best doctors, spent all of her money trying to get well, but nothing worked. One day she heard Jesus was coming through town. The Scripture says, “She kept saying to herself.” She wasn’t, “I’m never going to get bad breaks.” No, she kept saying to herself, “When I get to Jesus, I know I will be made whole.” In the midst of the difficulty, she was prophesying victory. All through the day, over and over, she kept saying, “Healing is on its way. Brighter days are up ahead.” When she started making her way to Jesus, it was extremely crowded, but she didn’t complain, she didn’t get discouraged, and she kept saying, “This is my time. Things are changing in my favor.” The more she said it, the closer she got. Finally she reached out and touched the edge of His robe, and she was instantly healed.

 

Notice the principle: whatever you’re constantly saying, you’re moving toward. You may be struggling in your finances, but when you keep declaring, “I am blessed. I am prosperous. I have the favor of God,” every time you say it, you’re moving toward increase. You’re getting closer to seeing that come to pass. You may be facing a sickness. It doesn’t look good. But every time you declare, “I am healthy. I am strong. I am getting better,” you’re moving toward health, wholeness, victory. Perhaps you’re struggling with an addiction. Every time you declare, “I am free. This addiction does not control me,” you’re moving toward freedom. You’re moving toward breakthroughs.

 

Now, here’s the catch. This works in both the positive and in the negative. If you’re always saying, “I am so unlucky. I never get any good breaks,” you’re moving toward bad breaks, more disappointment. “Joel, my back has been hurting for three years. I don’t think I’ll ever get well.” You’re moving toward more sickness, more pain. “Look, I’ve been through so much. Ii don’t think I’ll ever be happy again.” You’re moving toward more discouragement, more sadness. If you will change what you’re saying, you will change what you’re seeing. The Scripture says, “Call the things that are not as if they already were.”

 

A lot of times we do just the opposite. We call the things that are as if they will always be that way. In other words, we just describe the situation, “Gas is so high. I don’t see how I’m going to make it.” You’re calling in more struggle, more lack. “I can’t stand my job. My boss gets on my nerves.” You’re calling in more frustration, more defeat. Don’t use your words to describe the situation. Use your words to change the situation.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DON’T WAIT FOR A TITLE OR POSITION TO FULFILL THE PURPOSE OF YOUR LIFE

LOOK IMPORTANT-IT HELPS YOU THINK IMPORTANT

Your blessing will come to you at the right time