You are a Mighty Hero


In Judges 6, the Midianites had overtaken the people of Isreal. They were making their lives miserable. When the Isrealites’ crops came up, the Midianites would go in and destroy the produce. They were a bigger and stronger nation. It looked as though they would eventually drive the Isrealites away. There was a man named Gideon who was hiding in the fields, afraid of the Midianites. An angel appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the Lord is with you.”
I can imagine Gideon looked around and thought, who’s he talking about? I’m not a mighty hero. Gideon wasn’t strong and courageous. He was just the opposite; afraid and intimidated, yet God called him a mighty hero. Like Gideon, you may feel weak, but God calls you strong, you may feel intimidated; God calls you courageous. You feel inadequate; God calls you well able, you may think you’re average, but God calls you a mighty hero. When you get up in the morning and the negative thoughts come, reminding you of what you’re not, telling you of all your flaws and weakness, put your shoulders back, hold your head up high, dare to look in the mirror, and say, “Good morning, you mighty hero.” Let these thoughts play all through the day. “I am strong. I am courageous. I have the DNA of a champion. I am who God says I am. I can do what God says I can do.” You have to remind yourself of who you truly are. You are a mighty hero.
That angel went on to say, “Gideon, you are to deliver God’s people from the Midianites.”
Gideon said, “How can I do that? I come from the poorest family. I am the least one in my father’s house.”
What was the problem? Gideon didn’t know who he was. God had just called him a mighty hero. A couple of chapter later, Gideon was interrogating his enemies. He asked them, “What did the men look like whom you saw?”
They said, “Gideon, they looked like you, like a king’s son.”
Here, Gideon had felt as though he was the least, inadequate, and not able to. But even his enemies said, “you look like a king’s son.”
If you allow the wrong thoughts to play in your mind, you can have talent, the opportunity, the strength, and the looks, but like Gideon you’ll make excuses and talk yourself out of it. I love the fact that God not only calls you a mighty hero but even the enemy sees you as a king’s son. A king’s daughter. He knows who you are. Now, make sure you know who you are . carry yourself like a king, like a queen, like a mighty hero. You come from the right family.
It’s interesting, when God called Gideon a mighty hero, up to that point Gideon had not done anything significant. He had not parted a Red Sea as Moses had. He has not defeated a giant as david did. He had not brought somebody back to life as the prophet Elijah had. I can understand God calling him a mighty hero if he had done something amazing. But it seemed that there was nothing special about him-just an ordinary, insignicant man. But God saw something in Gideon that other people did not see: God saw his potential. God saw what he could become
You may feel that you’re average. You may think you’re ordinary, but God sees the mighty hero in you. God sees the DNA of a champion. He sees king’s son, the king’s daughter. Now, do yourself a favour. Turn off the negative recording that’s reminding you of what you’re not, and get in agreement with God. Start seeing yourself as the mighty hero.
When God told Moses to go speak to Pharaoh and tell him to let the people go, the first thing Moses said was, “Who am I?” He was saying, “God, I’m ordinary. Pharaod is the leader of a nation. He is not going to listen to  me.” Moses forgot who he was. He didn’t see himself as a king’s son but as inadequate. He focused on his weaknesses, his limitations. He started making excuses.. He said, “God, I can’t go talk to Pharaod. I stutter. I’ve got a problem with speech.”
God said, “Moses, who made your tongue? Who makes the deaf to hear? Who makes the blind to see?” God was saying, “Moses, I breathed My life into you. I put My DNA inside you. You may feel weak, inadequate, and insecure, but Moses, I don’t want to hear your excuses. Quit telling Me what you’re not. I Have the final say, and I say you’re a king’s son. I say you’re a mighty hero.” That’s what God is saying to each one of us today


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DON’T WAIT FOR A TITLE OR POSITION TO FULFILL THE PURPOSE OF YOUR LIFE

LOOK IMPORTANT-IT HELPS YOU THINK IMPORTANT

Your blessing will come to you at the right time