DON’T WAIT FOR A TITLE OR POSITION TO FULFILL THE PURPOSE OF YOUR LIFE


Too often we pursue titles and positions more than living to fulfill the purpose of our life, thinking we’ll feel good about ourselves when we have them.  “When I make it to General Manager, when I get that senator position, when I get that Bishop title, when I’m the head usher, the senior partner, the lead supervisor…” That’s fine. There’s nothing wrong with titles, but you don’t need a title to do what God has called you to do. Don’t wait for people to approve you, affirm you, or validate you. Use your gift and the title will come.

IF David would have waited for a title, we wouldn’t be talking about him today. When he went out to face Goliath, the whole army was watching him. And what’s interesting is that David wasn’t a general. He wasn’t a corporal. He wasn’t a sergeant. He wasn’t even enlisted. He didn’t have a title, a name badge, a uniform, or a single credential. He could have said, I can’t do anything great. I don’t have position. I am just a shepherd. Nobody is celebrating me. Nobody is validating my gifts.” In fact, it was just the opposite. People were telling him how he was not qualified, how he was too small, how he was going to get hurt. That didn’t bother David. His attitude was I don’t need a position. You didn’t call me, and you don’t have to approve me. God called me. He gave me this gift. It may seem small or insignificant to you, but I’m not here to impress you. I’m here not to please you. I’m here to fulfill my destiny. He went out and defeated Goliath. In a few year they gave him a title King of Israel. Use your gifts, and the titles will come.  
      
Well, you say. As soon as they crown me King of the office, I’ll start being my best.’’ As soon as they make me the head usher, I’ll  show up early and give it my all”. It works the other way around. you have to show them what you have, then the approval, then the recognition, then the reward will come.


But you can’t wait for people’s approval to do what God called you to do. What you have may seem small. You could feel intimidated, thinking that you don’t have the qualifications, the title, the position. That’s okay. Neither did David. If you’ll use what you have, God will breathe on it. His anointing on that simple gift will cause you to step into the fullness of your destiny.    

By W. G. Augustine        


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK IMPORTANT-IT HELPS YOU THINK IMPORTANT

Your blessing will come to you at the right time